2. Know the secret Costco pricing codes.
Costco’s pricing codes indicate whether an item is specially priced, discounted or will not be restocked. Here is a general breakdown of the codes, according to HubPages:
- Prices that end in $0.97 have been marked down from their original prices, which usually always end in $0.99.
- Other odd pricing, like $0.49, $0.79 or $0.89, typically means the product is regular-priced merchandise.
- An asterisk (*) in the upper right corner of the pricing sign means the item won’t be reordered. So if it’s a favorite, you should stock up.
- Prices ending in $0.88 or $0.00 could mean the store’s manager marked it down to move the product faster.